Swim Ireland qualified Teachers or Coaches can avail of individual insurance by becoming an SI Associate member. Associate Membership (Teacher/Coach insurance) is paid annually, due in the month of initial registration. Swim Ireland administer the insurance scheme on behalf of the Institute of Swimming (IoS). New members may join at any time of the year.
Associate members are given free non competitor membership of a Swim Ireland Club – please apply separately through the Club you wish to join.
The following documentation is required for Associate Membership:
1. Application form & Code of Conduct
2. Vetting through Swim Ireland or Swim Ulster for Access NI
3. Child protection training certificate obtained within the last 5 years (Sport Ireland/Irish Sports Council or Sport NI)
4. Relevant fee
5. Swim Ireland license application form if not already licensed
In addition to the above requirements to achieve a licence you must also provide Swim Ireland with the following:
1. A letter of reference that can provide details of your practical teaching or coaching. (Can be from Pool Manager, Swimming Coordinator, Head coach, Club Committee etc…)
2. Evidence of having 6 CPD points, N/A to newly qualified SI teachers and coaches
3. Signed passport photo
All the above documentation should be completed, signed and sent to the Swim Ireland office; membership will be finally accepted once all the documentation is processed.
For more information please click the relevant link below:
New ID validation form for Access NI
For further information on the Access NI process please see here