Individuals who are qualified Teachers or Coaches can become registered
members of Swim Ireland through Associate membership of Swim
Ireland. Associate Membership is paid annually, due in the month of
initial registration. New members may join at any time of the year.
Associate members are given free non competitor membership of a Swim
Ireland Club – please apply separately to the Club you wish to join.
The following documentation is required for Associate Membership:
1. Application form
2. Qualification certificates (if not Swim Ireland qualifications)
3. Code of Conduct signed (required every year) (included on back of
application form for Associate Membership)
4. Garda vetting/Access NI and Identification forms fully completed
5. Child protection training certificate
6. Relevant fee
7. Swim Ireland license/necessary criteria to be licensed.
As of the 1st July 2011 to access Associate Membership all
Teachers/Coaches must also apply for a Swim Ireland Licence. In addition
to the above requirements to achieve a licence you must also provide
Swim Ireland with the following:
1. A letter of reference that can provide details of your practical teaching
or coaching. (Can be from Pool Manager, Swimming Coordinator,
Head coach, Club Committee etc…)
2. Evidence of having 6 CPD points (Achieved within the 24 months prior
to the licence application)
3. Completed Licence application Form
All the above documentation should be completed, signed and sent to the
Swim Ireland office, membership will be finally accepted once all the
documentation is processed.
For more information please click the relevant link below:Swim Ireland Teacher & Coach Licencing January 2014 Cancellation of Electives Associate Member Application Form 2014 Access NI Application Form Garda Vetting ID & Application Form