Congratulations to Fergal Somerville on his North Channel Crossing on Sunday, a fantastic achievement! Listen out for Fergus on Today FM today (Tue) at 11.20am where he will be talking about the swim.
See message below from Fergal -
Absolutely delighted to tell you I’m back from a gruelling (but actually quite enjoyable) North Channel Swim; going from Donaghadee to Portpatrick.
- Job done in 12:21. Swim started at 5:00am and finished at 17:51.
- Oldest swimmer to complete the crossing.
- 4th fastest of 14 individuals to complete the North Channel.
- 6th fastest time of 18 successful North Channel Swims,
- This is the earliest recorded North Channel Swim and only one to have been in June since records started
- Coldest temperature at an average of <10 degrees> that any of the successful swimmers endured.
I will be putting the story of my swim up on my blog over the next few days. http://fergalsomerville.blogspot.ie/
FergalThe Story Behind a Successful North Channel Swim Read More