ULSPC Stroke & Turn Clinics
- Improve your Stroke Technique and Race Turn Skills
- Learn and develop World Class Drills and Skills
- 2 x 2 Hour sessions focused on each stroke
- Work with Lars – ULSPC Head Coach
Freestyle – Monday – 31st Oct – 08.00 – 10.00 & 14.00 – 16.00
Backstroke – Tuesday – 1st Nov – 08.00 – 10.00 & 13.00 – 15.00
Breaststroke – Thursday – 3rd Nov- 08.00 – 10.00 & 14.00 – 16.00
Butterfly – Friday – 4th Nov – 08.00 – 10.00 & 13.00 – 15.00
Where: ULSPC, UL Sport Arena 50m Pool, University of Limerick
Who: IAG Division 2 and above swimmers
Cost: €40.00 for each 4 Hour Clinic
Limited: To 15 swimmers per Stroke & Turn Clinic
To register for the clinics, please complete the registration form and payment at https://form.jotformeu.com/62902569630358
ULSPC Trainability Update (30/09/16)
Swimmers, Parents and Supporters
The season is well underway
Five weeks of the new season are already gone so hopefully you are fully committed to your club programme while topping up on a Saturday afternoon. The ULSPC Trainability Squad Programme is designed to add value to your club and individual training. The ULSPC coaching staff are very passionate about our mighty sport and we are constantly studying the latest training methods and technical advances within international swimming. We have a very strong coach and sports science network in many parts of the world to support our own innovative thinking.
The key focus of the Trainability Squad is:
- To provide an extra training opportunity to help swimmers achieve Trainability (Optimum training workload and content)
- To provide sessions that will complement the club programmes
- To provide aerobic conditioning work to develop and maintain swimming fitness
- To provide technique and skill development work to improve and refine strokes and race skills
- To provide an opportunity for swimmers from different clubs to train together
- To provide an opportunity for long course swimming
Those of you who are already attending Saturday afternoons will have met Emmet. If you haven’t been yet – you’re missing out ! We welcome Emmet from the ULSPC Performance Squad and welcome his extensive swimming experience and knowledge. As a swimming athlete Emmet has stood on the National podium for many years and as a coach Emmet has been teaching and coaching swimming for many swim programmes here in Limerick. He also achieved a sports science degree with honours last year and is now completing a PhD with a swim training emphasis.
Those of you who are worried that we have lost Colette, worry no more. Colette is still on the ULSPC coaching staff, working regularly with the Performance, Open and Development Squads. On Saturday afternoons she now works in her family business. You may still see Colette every now and then if we let Emmet have the odd weekend off.
Confirming current Training Times
We are currently still running two squad sessions on a Saturday afternoon.
2.30 – 2.45pm Pre Pool
2.45 – 4.15pm Water
4.00 – 4.15pm Pre Pool
4.15 – 5.45pm Water
Our numbers are a little smaller this season after some swimmers getting ready for Leaving Cert and going on to university. We will monitor numbers over the next couple of weeks and may go to one session. If so, it is likely to be 3.30 – 3.45pm Pre Pool and 3.45 – 5.30pm Water. We’ll let you know if this does happen.
Saturdays with no Trainability Session
There will not be a Trainability Squad session on the following Saturdays. This is due to events taking place at UL Sport Arena, we apologise for the inconvenience. Unfortunately January 2017 will hit us very hard.
October 2016 29th
November 2016 19th, 26th
December 2016 17th, 24th
January 2017 7th, 14th, 21st
All the best as the racing period is about to get underway.
Trainability will recommence on 27th August 2016
- Re-registration is required for all members. Please click here and complete the registration form: https://email@example.com/ULSPCmembership
- Payment for 12 Month Membershipwill not be required until January 2017 for all registered members. The High Performance Department will be in touch during this time.
- Please direct any queries you have to UL Performance Centre Head Coach Lars Humer or High Performance Administrator Niamh McDonnell