National Centre Limerick (& NCL Hub)
‘Ireland’s One Stop Swim Station’
National Centre Limerick Squad
- Developing good people to be good athletes
- Providing Performance Training with Performance Coaches
- Creating a Performance Culture & Environment
Providing Irish swimmers with World Class training
NCL Hub Development
- Developing good young people to be good young athletes
- Nurturing athletes into the Performance environment
- Refining Skills & Technique
Ensuing young Irish swimmers can progress when they are ready
NCL Hub UL
- Developing Student Athletes
- Dual Athlete Careers
- UL Sport Scholarships
Working with the University of Limerick to develop Irish Senior swimming
NCL Hub Trainability
Here we are already into week 3 of the new 2017 – 18 season. We have had a great start to Trainability Squad sessions with Cormac coaching the first week back and Emmet this weekend just gone. Emmet will be the regular coach for this squad and Cormac and myself will be available to back up.
Rest assured that we will serve you well in our coaching capacity. I don’t promote our coaches enough so here is a little bit of info.
Emmet & Cormac are both regular associate coaches with National Centre Limerick for both Performance Squad and Open Uni Squad. These squads train 8 – 10 sessions per week plus land work and include 5 national squad members and several regional squad members. Over the summer we had swimmers compete at the Open & Age Group Summer Nationals, the European Youth Olympics, the World University Games and the European Life Saving Champs.
As coaches we are all involved with National Teams and Squads. Emmet & Cormac are both coaching at the upcoming National Squad Camp. They are also providing Science Support at the Regional Squad Camp. This fits in with their PhD work at UL linked to biomechanics and physiology in sport.
When Trainability won’t be on
Between now and Christmas there are three Saturdays when we can’t train due to major events at UL Sport Arena.
- Saturday 21st October
- Saturday 4th November
- Saturday 18th November
We will have a short break round Christmas and New Year, will confirm dates later in the year.
All the best for the new season!
- Achieving Individual Trainability
- Adding Value to Club Training
- Skill & Aerobic Development
Saturdays 3.00 – 5.00pm
NCL Hub Clinics
- Coaching Skill Development
- Coaching Training Methods
- Coaching Specific Athlete Groups
Developing Stroke Technique, Race Skills and Training Skills for Irish swimmers
NCL Hub Leadership
- Coach Development & Mentorship
- Training Programme Development
- Club Development
Adding value to Irish coaching and Irish clubs