Women in Sport Water Polo Officer
Applications are invited for the post of Swim Ireland Women In Sport Water Polo Officer.
This is a salary post, with a one year part-time contract (20-25 hours per week) which includes a three months’ probation period.
Role: To encourage young girls and women into the sport of water polo and to support Swim Ireland Clubs in providing activities and structures to facilitate participation by these young women. It is intended that the Officer will also be out and about visiting Clubs, Regions and facilities with a view to establishing water polo programmes as an offering to both encourage and retain young girls and women in the aquatic family.
Key Responsibilities and Areas of Accountability:
- Be responsible for establishing links between swimming and water polo clubs with a view to encouraging more girls and women to get involved in the sport of water polo
- Develop and implement programmes such as mini polo promoting water polo in Clubs and facilities
- Develop water polo programmes in colleges/universities
- Manage a small budget to support programme implementation
- Support the general development of the sport of water polo
Salary: The salary range for this part-time post (20-25 hours per week) is €14,000-€15,000 based on qualifications and experience.
Applying for post: If you would like to apply for the role as outlined above please send a CV outlining your qualifications and experience; a letter indicating the essential qualities that you would bring to this post together with names and contact details of two people (relatives or friends will not be accepted) who can comment on your suitability for this position (including your current or most recent employer).
Please submit your application either in writing to Adam Cox, Swim Ireland, Sport HQ, Park West, Dublin 12 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th May 2013
Swim Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Laser Swimming Club Galway
Swim Teachers – Panel 2013 / 2014
Laser Swimming Club (Galway) is establishing a panel of swim teachers to cater for its “Learn 2 Swim” programme for the school terms from September 2013 until June 2014. The club is interested in hearing from experienced and qualified instructors who may be able to teach in any of the three weekly sessions.
Currently the club has three weekly swim sessions in Leisureland pool, Salthill Galway.
The club focuses on providing a quality service and has recently been awarded the Swim Ireland Clubmark quality award to add to its award of Connacht Swim Club of the Year in 2012.
- Swim Ireland Level 1 Certificate for Teaching Aquatics.
- Child welfare qualifications in accordance with Swim Ireland.
- Garda vetting in accordance with Swim Ireland.
- Due to the nature of this role Fluent English is required.
- Swim Ireland Level 2 Certificate for Teaching Aquatics.
- A record of continuous professional development and a clear understanding of all stroke techniques and modern teaching methods.
How to apply
Potential applicants should forward a letter of application and CV. Applications should clearly indicate which of the following sessions they may be available for:
|Wednesdays 3:30 – 4:15pm|
|Thursdays 3:30 – 4:15pm|
|Fridays 7:15pm – 8:00pm.|
Applicants will be required to forward copies of relevant certificates in advance of commencing any teaching.
Applications should be forwarded to: Laser Swimming Club Secretary, Leisureland, Salthill, Galway or email email@example.com
Further club information can be found at www.laserswimmingclub.com