February 27, 2018

Please be advised that we are monitoring the current weather warnings and in the case where there is inclement weather tomorrow morning (Wednesday) the Swim Ireland office will be closed. If the bad weather continues the office will remain closed through Thursday and Friday.

Staff will be available by e-mail and on their mobile phones. Full staff contact list is available HERE.

Advice to Swim Ireland clubs and members

In the interest of the health and safety for our club members we advise all clubs to adhere to the advice provided by Met Éireann and the National Emergency Coordination Committee. 

A status red warning is currently in place in many parts of Leinster.  All clubs in those affected areas should cancel training until it is safe and recommended to travel. 

Clubs located in other areas of the country should also consider the current status warning in place and the weather forecast for the next 48 hours when deciding if it is safe to proceed with training sessions. 

Please advise your club members as soon as possible if sessions are being cancelled to avoid any unnecessary journeys.  


All Water Polo National fixtures due to take place on Saturday and Sunday are now cancelled and will be rescheduled as soon as possible.

The following courses have been postponed:

Safeguarding – EV000090 – SG1803– 27th February Sports HQ - Postponed

Safeguarding - EV000154 - SG1832 – 28th-February - Nemo Rangers – Cork – Postponed

Team Manager Course - 28th February - Lisburn - Postponed

Munster Club Development Day - 3rd March - Mallow, Cork - Postponed