The Swim Ireland Annual General Meeting (AGM) is an important date on the Swim Ireland calendar and represents an ideal opportunity for Swim Ireland Members to express their views and to contribute to the decision-making process of the organisation.
A number of important elections take place, including the election of the Swim Ireland Board of Directors.
The latest AGM was held on July 4 2020, the first virtual AGM in the organisation’s history. The 2019 Financial Statements and Annual Report, presented at the AGM are available below.
The Annual Awards are an opportunity for the Irish aquatic community to acknowledge outstanding performances and contributions throughout the year. Each year the awards is hosted in a different province on a rotating basis. The 2020 Awards have unfortunately been cancelled.
As part of the awards ceremony, inductees to the Swim Ireland Hall of Fame are acknowledged for an exceptional lifelong contribution to the sport.
The roll of inductees to date:
- 2019 Gary O'Toole, Gerry Foley
- 2018 John Kenny, Wally Clarke, Ireland 1972 Olympic Relay Team (Aisling O’Leary, Ann O’Connor, Brenda McGrory and Christine Fulcher)
- 2017 Eddie Campion, Davy Page
- 2016 Peter Banks, Eddie Heron
- 2015 Marian Fenton, Norman Green
- 2014 Tony Farrell
- 2013 Dave Malone
- 2012 Dave McCullagh
- 2011 Ronnie Ball, Betty Beattie, Pat Donovan, Arthur Dunne
Swim Ireland Congress is a forum for members from all disciplines to meet, share ideas and talk about the things that are most important to them. Members are invited to come along and contribute on a variety of topics.