Child welfare and protection is the overarching policy for Swim Ireland and must be a priority for anyone working with and responsible for children.
Swim Ireland is committed to following the legislation of both Ireland and Northern Ireland, in providing a duty of care to ensure the safest possible environment for the young people involved in our sport. We live this by providing staff members, affiliated club personnel and every course candidate with training opportunities to act in the best interests of young people in aquatics
The Swim Ireland Safeguarding workshops are endorsed by Sport Ireland and Sport NI and enable our members aged 16 and over to prepare for volunteering and/or working with young people in the aquatics industry
The following child protection courses are recognised by Swim Ireland:
- Safeguarding 1 – Sport Ireland
- Safeguarding Children & Young People – Sport NI
- Safeguarding 2 Club Children's Officer (CCO) – Sport Ireland
- Designated Safeguarding Children's Officer (CO) – Sport NI
- Safeguarding 3 Designated Liaison Person (DLP) - Sport Ireland
Book a course now through our Education Calendar.
For specific Child Welfare queries please contact Kate or Amanda (details below).