March 26, 2018
The Swim Ireland membership team held the first of the annual Club Development Days in Dublin on Saturday 24th March. It was a very well attended day, with over 40 committee members and volunteers representing 24 clubs. The participants fully engaged all day, ensuring there was a lot of good ideas and best practice shared.
A variety of workshops were offered to participants on the day:
- Clubmark – providing practical guidance to clubs on completing the Clubmark survey and development plan. Nicole Mc Inerney, Asgard SC and Brenda Shannon, Viking SC shared their Clubmark journeys with the assembled participants.
- Hytek – aimed at club competition secretaries, providing a step by step guide to team manager and meet manager
- Succession planning – practical guidance and the benefits to clubs on succession planning for their committees
- Finance management and planning - Introduction to financial planning, management and understanding budgeting for your club
- Swim Ireland database - tutorial on the main features and benefits of the new Swim Ireland database
- Social media - benefits of using social media in your club and tutorial on main social media sites
- Effective committees – governance of your club, operating effectively, roles and responsibilities of club committees, how to hold effective committee meetings and running a successful AGM/ EGM
Feedback from Club Development Day Dublin:
- A really worthwhile day, thank you. The opportunity to chat with other club committee members was particularly helpful. We will certainly embark on the Clubmark journey now.
- Many thanks to all facilitators and SI for delivery of this excellent day which will promote club development on many levels to the benefit of SI members.
- Today was an excellent session, great content and advice, really well organised.
- This was an excellent course, very informative and relevant - my only regret that I didn't do it sooner!
We look forward to welcoming club members to the upcoming Club Development Days in Connacht and Munster:
Limerick – Saturday 14th April in Castletroy Hotel – BOOK NOW
Claremorris – Sunday 13th May in The Mc William Hotel – BOOK NOW