July 16, 2020
We are making some changes to our COVID-19 Officer training to help you access the support you need. Please read the below points carefully.
- At the end of July we will launch an Online Module for COVID-19 Officers to complete in their own time
- There will be NO Virtual Webinars from July 27 to August 9
- From August 12, Lead COVID-19 Officer training will take place every Wednesday at 19:00
- From August 12, a weekly live Q&A session will take place every Wednesday from 18:00
The Clubs and Community team have been working hard, delivering COVID-19 Officer Training to over 2,300 Swim Ireland members. The training is presently deliver by Pat Daly, Competitions Manager and Swim Ireland COVID-19 Officer, in a live webinar workshop, but from August only the Lead COVID-19 Officer will attend that workshop.
The Online Module option will simultaneously become available for general COVID-19 Officers, and if they or their Leads have any further questions, they will be able to access our weekly live Q&A sessions.
As we work towards making the above changes, we will continue with our regular schedule of live webinars, so we have a few important reminders:
- Everyone must book and attend in their own name and device. Check out our helpful registration guide which includes step by step instructions to create your own profile, register, attend an receive your certificate.
- If you think you might have booked under your child’s name, have a read of our guide for correcting attendance details
- This workshop is open to adults over the age of 18.
- Early booking is advised, demand is high, so workshops tend to book out quickly.
- If you cannot attend, please cancel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can release extra places to ensure maximum attendance.
- Within 3 days of attending your workshop you will receive a credential which you can present to your club.
All clubs are required to have a Lead COVID-19 Officer appointed and there must be a COVID-19 Officer on duty at each training session. We encourage you to support your club with their return to training by becoming a COVID-19 Officer.
To find an online COVID-19 Officer Training session CLICK HERE
COVID-19 Officer Job Roles
To further support clubs in identifying and appointing their COVID-19 Officers the following has been developed as part of the Club Toolkit.
Don’t forget, we also have lots more Return to Water Resources available via https://www.swimireland.ie/membership/club-resources