National Centre (Dublin) are proud to announce our first ever ‘Introduction to National Centre Life’ camp which will run at the National Aquatic Centre and on the National Sport Campus in Abbotstown from Monday 15th April – Friday 19th April 2019.
This is an opportunity to experience the Daily Performance Environment similar to that of a full time NCD athlete and all that goes with being a performance swimmer under the tutelage of Swim Ireland’s Performance department.
A full timetable for the week can be found HERE
The key features of the week long experience are:
March 19, 2019
- Provision of a fully integrated daily training environment with over 10 hours of dedicated pool coaching during this time
- Pool session delivery will be led by National Centre (Dublin) Head Coach Ben Higson, Senior Assistant Coach Steven Beckerleg and Assistant Coaches Beth Carson & Matt Coward
- Over 70% of the swimming water time is allocated to long course coaching (50m pool)
- Strong emphasis will be placed on bespoke technical development on an athlete by athlete basis, with stroke specific templates utilised for each athlete
- Athletes will be introduced to Paul Talty, the Associate Head Of Performance Services (Physical) in regards to specific strength & conditioning for swimmers
- Education sessions delivered by both Sport Science and Sports Medicine (SSSM) & coaching experts on, swimming specific Performance Analysis, Performance Physiology & Performance Psychology
To participate in this camp Athletes MUST:
- Be aged 12-16
- Have qualified for at least one event at the Irish Summer Nationals, or have qualified for at least three events at Division 2
- Be capable of completing a 2x90 minute pool sessions in a day
- Have their home programme coach's approval BEFORE they book a place
- if you are unsure whether your athlete qualifies or not, please a) ask your home programme coach, and b) contact Niamh before booking
Places for this non-residential Camp will be at a premium and taken on a first-come first served basis at an all-inclusive rate of €350.00 per head. Travel to and from the pool each day and food/drinks required for the day will be the responsibility of the athlete/their family. Bookings* can be made HERE
*Bookings MUST be made using an athlete's membership profile NOT a parent's. if you are unsure of your athlete's details, please ask your club secretary for assistance.