April 20, 2020
Swim Ireland would like to advise that the Swim Ireland Annual General Meeting (AGM), scheduled to take place on Saturday 9 May 2020, has been postponed in keeping with ongoing advice from Government on social distancing. The meeting will be rescheduled in line with the requirements of Company Law which dictates that the AGM must take place on or before Monday 13 July 2020. Notification of the rescheduled date will issue in due course.
In the interim, we wish to also advise you that, as no nominations were received in advance of the previous deadline of 17 March 2020, the Board is once again inviting nominations for role of Board Secretary. The serving Board Secretary is Mary Haughney and Mary will have completed her second two-year term and is therefore ineligible to go forward for re-election.
Any member of a Swim Ireland Club may put him/herself forward through his/her Club to stand for election provided that the following procedures are complied with:
- The nominee for the post of Board Secretary shall be a person with the necessary administration skills to act as Board Secretary. Duties of the Board Secretary may include taking Minutes of Board Meetings and corresponding on behalf of the Board
- Nominees must be members of a Club and must be nominated by their own Club and at least one other Club
- All nominations must be made through the Nominee’s own Club on the attached Nomination Form (AGM Form 1)
- Nominees must complete and sign the attached Nominee Consent Form (AGM Form 2) and attach a typed CV (keep to ten lines) outlining suitability for the role
- The nomination must be supported by at least one other Club in Nominee’s own Region on the attached Supporting Nomination Form (AGM Form 3)
- The documentation duly completed should be sent by email by the relevant Club Secretary to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by:
Deadline: 5.00pm on Monday 4 May 2020
Should more than one nomination be received an election will take place at the AGM. If no nominations are received the Board will co-opt to the role.
If you have any queries on any of the above, please feel free to contact the Company Secretary by email; email@example.com or by phone: 0868362901