December 23, 2020
Swimming pools and leisure centres will remain open in the Republic of Ireland's new adjusted Level 5 restrictions, which come into effect on December 24 and continue until at least January 12.
We are extremely grateful that pools and leisure centres can continue to remain open for individual use (as they have done throughout the current Level 3 restrictions). The hard work by our clubs and members in adhering to the Swimming and Living with COVID framework has helped make this possible.
The key points from the information we know is outlined below:
- Swimming and Diving individual training can continue as outlined in Level 3 of the Swimming and Living with Covid Framework.
- All Water Polo sessions should be carried out as individual and non-contact.
- Domestic Travel: Athletes and coaches are permitted to travel to train with the club they are registered with
- Club competitions cannot take place (swimming, diving & water polo)
- Outdoor swimming can still take place, subject to social distance requirements and permitted group sizes (currently at 15 people within an identified pod); however extreme care should be taken as outlined in our Open Water Guide HERE.
In the instance of any updates, or that measures change, we will update you as soon as is possible.
As the case numbers to continue to rise, we would urge clubs and members to keep up the good work; continue to follow all public health advice (which you can find clearly listed here) and strictly adhere to all frameworks and protocols.
We would also like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and thank you for your resilience and continued strength throughout an extremely challenging year.
I do hope you find the time to take some well-earned rest and recovery in what will be a very different Christmas for us all.
Head of Clubs, Community and Competitions