December 03, 2020
Updated: Thursday, December 3
Thank you for your patience as we work to get clarification on several matters following the announcement of ‘Level 3 plus Enhancements’ in the Republic of Ireland on Friday, which come into effect from tomorrow, Tuesday 1st December.
Some key points from the information we know are below with full detail available in Appendix 1.
Level 3 with Enhancements
- Swimming and Diving training can resume as outlined in Level 3 of the Swimming and Living with Covid Framework.
- All Water Polo sessions should be carried out as non-contact.
- Competition: Swimming Time Trials may resume within club settings and we will distribute more information on this shortly. No water polo competition. An update with regards to the 2020 Irish Winter SC Meet will follow.
- Domestic Travel: Athletes and coaches are permitted to travel to train with the club they are registered with
- Swimming Lessons We are seeking clarification as to whether swimming lessons can go ahead at this time and will update as soon as we have an answer
With regards to domestic travel, we are asking clubs to complete a short survey (2 minutes) HERE, so we can discover the number of clubs and athletes affected by the domestic travel rule as we continue to make the case around this issue to the DTTAS Return to Sport Expert Group.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our clubs for their hard work and perseverance over the past six weeks; once again, you have stepped up and shown great adaptability and resilience.
In the instance of any updates or that measures change as we go forward, we will update you as soon as is possible.
Finally, if you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch with your Regional Club Support Officer.
Swim Ireland Team
'Living & Swimming with COVID-19' Level 3 with Enhancements - Republic of Ireland
Performance Swimming – Key points:
· Training may continue as outlined in Level 3 of the Swimming and Living with Covid Framework
· Performance athletes (as defined by the Swimming & Living with COVID-19 Framework), staff, coaches, and practitioners may travel to train
· Performance specific competition may take place with protective measures in place
Club Activities (All disciplines) - Key points:
- Swimming and Diving training can resume as outlined in Level 3 of the Swimming and Living with Covid Framework and Time Trials for swimming may resume
- All Water Polo sessions should now be carried out as non-contact
- Club competitions cannot take place (swimming, diving & water polo)
- Outdoor swimming can still take place, subject to social distance requirements and permitted group sizes (currently at 15 people within an identified pod); however extreme care should be taken as outlined in our Open Water Guide HERE.
Athletes and coaches are permitted to travel to train with the club they are registered with
· We are seeking clarification as to whether swimming lessons can go ahead at this time and will update as soon as we have an answer
- Online learning to continue
- Practical sessions cannot take place