June 27, 2018
As part of our constant review of programmes, Swim Ireland is in the process of re-structuring the current licensing process to make it simpler for teachers and coaches to obtain their license. The changes will also help to ensure that teachers and coaches are completing regular and annual CPD and with the latest developments to the CPD structure obtaining CPD points is easier than ever. The key changes to the programme will take effect from the 1st of August 2018 and are as follows:
• License will be valid for 1 year (changing from every 3 years currently)
• CPD requirements across all levels of license will be 6 points within the 12 months prior to the application/renewal
• Annual license will cost €10
• Removal of the need to show delivery evidence
• License will be renewed online through the Swim Ireland Database meaning no paperwork and you will be able to download a PDF card straight from the system
• Licensing will become mandatory for all Swim Ireland affiliated club coaches and teachers by the 1st January 2019
If you currently hold a valid teacher or coach license, there will be no changes and they will stay valid until the current expiry date.
For more information on the updates and changes due to take place please see attached document.