October 23, 2020
Organisation: Swim Ireland
Location: Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, D15
Contract Length: 11-month contract
Full time / Part time: Full time
Salary: €25,000 (per annum – pro rata over 11 months)
Application closing date: Friday, 6th November 2020
Programme duration: Dec 2020 – Nov 2021
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme that is being funded by Sport Ireland. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified sport and physical activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11-month contract and will work directly for Swim Ireland. Swim Ireland is responsible for the recruitment and selection of the graduate.
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in liaison with Swim Ireland’s Education and Participation Teams. The successful individual will perform a wide range of duties to support Swim Ireland. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To support Swim Ireland in achieving project and programme objectives
- To coordinate and have direct responsibility for projects and tasks related to the Participation and Education Departments
- To provide administrative support relating to specific programmes including input and maintenance of attendee records on the Swim Ireland database
- To be the primary point of contact for queries related to specific programmes
- To provide operational support at events when required
- To perform ad hoc duties as required.
The graduate must:
- Have graduated with a Master’s or Primary Degree in the area of Sport or Physical Activity between January 2019 and November 2020
- Have some experience (voluntary or otherwise) in the operational delivery of sporting events
- Have knowledge and/or experience of database administration
- Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment
- Be available for the 11 month contract duration
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
To apply, please send an email enclosing an up-to-date CV and cover letter to Orla McCarthy, HR Manager, Swim Ireland (firstname.lastname@example.org)