May 17, 2019
Swim Ireland is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to provide administrative support to the Connacht Region Executive. Swim Ireland is the National Governing Body for Swimming and Associated Aquatics and the Connacht Regional Executive is a volunteer committee appointed by the Board of Swim Ireland to manage the affairs of the Region. The Administrator will provide operational support to the Executive in managing the Regional Squad Programme.
Role: To provide administrative support to the Connacht Region of Swim Ireland in the organisation of the Regional Squad Programme
Contract Type: Self-employed contract
Vetting: Garda vetting will apply
Safeguarding: Successful candidates will be required to complete a Swim Ireland recognised safeguarding qualification prior to commencement
Key Responsibilities and areas of accountability:
· Organising of Regional Squad training sessions & team trips including but not limited to: Booking of pools, accommodation and transport; liaising with swimmers and parents,
· Providing administrative support to the Team Managers and Squad Coaches as required
· Be the main point of contact for all Squad Members, Coaches and Team Managers and issue all communication in relation to the Squads, copying the Regional Executive on all relevant correspondence
· Ensuring that record keeping is kept in accordance with the requirements of GDPR
· Maintaining the communication channels in relation to Squad activity with Clubs and the wider community
· Monitoring the budget for the Regional Squads in conjunction with the Connacht Treasurer
· Providing regular written updates to the Connacht Region Executive and/or Swim Ireland
It is envisaged that the contractor will need to make him/herself available for 8 hours per week and will be based in the Connacht Region. Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience.
Applications, including a cover letter and c.v. outlining your suitability for the role should be submitted to Mary McMorrow, Operations Manager, Swim Ireland, Irish Sports HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown Dublin 15 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisting will apply.
Closing date for applications is 5.00pm Friday 7 June 2019
Swim Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Further information including person specification available HERE.