March 24, 2020
In order to observe the requirements for social distancing, Access NI (ANI) and the National Vetting Bureau (NVB) have altered the requirements for ID checks. The procedure for vetting applications, as of 23rd March 2020, is as follows:
Access NI applications: complete the online application per instructions and fill in the usual ANI Application ID Form with the required details. Instead of doing your ID check with another person you must scan your application form AND the correct required IDs as a PDF document. Email this to Ruth McQuillan at email@example.com using the subject line ANI application.
National Vetting Bureau applications: complete the usual Evet ID Form as per instructions. Instead of doing your ID check with another person you must scan your application form and your correct required IDs as a PDF document. Email this to Kate Hills at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line NVB application.
Once social distancing is lifted, you must carry out the ID checks as usual, and we must receive your original completed form, with ID checks done and Section 2 signed. Vetting credentials will be rescinded if this is not done within six weeks of the restrictions being lifted.
A couple of points to help the process run smoothly:
- After scanning – keep your form for signing in the usual way after social distancing restrictions are lifted. You need to send the original form into us for statutory body audit checks.
- Check your profile is correct on the Swim Ireland membership system
- Always use your Swim Ireland ID number – not entering it means a delay in processing your vetting
- Always use your own Swim Ireland ID number – using someone else’s means your vetting credential will not be added to your profile
- Check your form is correctly filled in – forms will be returned if not correctly completed
- If you definitely do not have a Swim Ireland profile, please indicate as such on the form e.g. NEW Swim Ireland ID REQUIRED
- Posted applications will be delayed due to the closure of offices during this period
If you have any questions, please send to Kate or Ruth as above. We will keep on top of this and with your help, there will be little interruption to getting people back to working in our clubs and pools when the time is right.