Women in Sport Coaching & Mentoring Programme 2020
The Women in Sport (WIS) Coaching & Mentoring Programme was launched by Swim Ireland in 2018, funded by Sport Ireland. The aim of the programme is to address the lack of female coaching across Irish aquatics. Since its launch, 44 candidates have completed coaching qualifications (level 1 and 2).
For the upcoming year, we have identified several coaching courses across Ireland, where WIS spaces will be available. Each course involves a blend of online training and classroom / pool elements. Spaces are distributed via an application process, with successful candidates receiving a discounted course fee, along with mentoring opportunities post course.
2020 Coaching Courses:
Please note, marked "fully booked" does not apply to WIS applicants.
Level 1 Assistant Swimming Coach:
- January 31st NAC, Dublin – course information
- February 28th Mayfield Sports Complex - course information
Level 2 Swimming Coach:
- February 7th Bangor Aurora – course information
- February 21st Claremorris – course information
- March 20th Mayfield Sports Complex - course information
- April 17th NAC, Dublin – course information
Level 1 Assistant Water Polo Coach:
Level 2 Water Polo Coach:
- May 15th Belfast – course information
Level 1 Assistant Diving Coach:
Candidate Requirements & Application
- Be a current Swim Ireland Club member
- Complete / have up to date Garda Vetting/Access NI
- Complete / have up to date Level 1 Safeguarding Course (3 hours)
- Participate in the mentoring aspect of the programme*
*Communicate with your mentor set up by Swim Ireland and assist Swim Ireland Coaching Clinics after completing classroom units.
To apply for a WIS place please complete the application below. Candidates who cannot attend the full course timetable should not apply and will not be accepted.
All applications will be considered, however limited places apply.
For further information, or if you would like to become a mentor relating to the WIS Coaching & Mentoring Programme please contact:
Bethany Carson, WIS Development Officer